Bidding Requirements for WACYPAA
If you would like to host a WACYPAA in your area, the following are a list of requirements for committees to present to the WACYPAA Advisory Council, at the next WACYPAA. If you have any questions, please write to us at:
PO Box 8162
Reno, NV 89507
- Each bidding committee must have at least three AA members who have been continuously sober for a minimum of one year.
- Bidders must have commitments from at least two appropriate facilities (Hotels, Universities, Convention Centers, Gymnasiums, etc.) so sized as to accommodate the entire conference. Please include proposed dates for the conference and a showing of available meeting space. The cost of the facility must be included. Bidders must provide information regarding housing for attendees, including cost and accessibility to the proposed conference site. If awarded the conference, the host committee agrees to have a signed contract within 45 days.
- Bidders must provide a permanent mailing address for their committee, and if available provide an email address also.
- A letter of assurance from a local AA service body (district, intergroup, etc.) and state YPAA conference advisory council, if applicable, that no large scale AA activity will be held in the proposed general service area within a period of 30 days before, and 30 days after the proposed conference dates, is required.
- Please demonstrate how the bid committee has been involved with General Service (some have chosen to get a letter of support, or to show how their group was active in area or district service).
- Bid committees should be able to demonstrate financial autonomy and responsibility, within the spirit of the 12 Traditions of AA.
- Bidders must show the WACYPAA Advisory Council that they have compiled the necessary research to determine the effects that Federal, State, Provincial, and/or local taxes would have on the proposed conference.
- If awarded the conference, the new host committee must agree that all proceeds, after conference and "core" advisory expenses and donations of up to 25% of the remaining proceeds to AA service bodies in their area, will be turned over to the WACYPAA Advisory Council for their disposition following the conference.
- Bids can take no longer than 20 minutes to present.
- Please draft a statement illustrating the reasons why you wish to host a WACYPAA in your area.
The WACYPAA Advisory Council suggests that you meet with the Advisory Council member assigned to your area to study the annual AA calendar in Western North America to find a time that will offer the least potential for conflict with other AA functions. Bidders should do the research necessary to determine the months with the least amount of conflict with other AA conferences in their region. All potential bidding cities are encouraged to consider the entire region for the purpose of making realistic preparation for any non-prevalent languages at the conference. We suggest that hotel information is omitted on the proposed registration form, and that only the projected month and year be stated. This is to address the issue of potential host cities not having signed hotel contracts. Revised 8/20/05.